I also offer mindfulness-based workshops and series. Below please find offerings open to the public. If you have any questions about these events or if would like to explore scheduling a private workshop please drop me a line.
Art of Stillness / July 6th, 2017 / Portland, OR
“The need for an empty space, a pause, is something we have all felt in our bones; it’s the rest in a piece of music that gives it resonance and shape.” –Travel Writer Pico Iyer
Using Iyer’s book The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere
as inspiration, we’ll take a closer look at just why so many of us are craving more quiet. Through an exploration of simple mindfulness concepts and practices, we’ll also experiment with ways to ground ourselves in stillness, even when life finds us quite busy. Open to all levels.
Adventures in Going Nowhere: A Two-Part Mindfulness Study Group / July 2017 / Portland, OR
“In an age of speed…nothing could be more invigorating than going slow. In an age of distraction, nothing could feel more luxurious than paying attention. And in the age of constant movement, nothing is more urgent than sitting still.” –Pico Iyer, The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere
Using travel writer Pico Iyer’s book as a starting point, we’ll explore the role mindfulness can play in carving out stillness within everyday busyness. Living with more calm has been shown to boost health and wellness. We’ll also delve into how savoring moments of quiet can help us better enjoy our less than quiet experiences. This series is open to all levels. Each week will include brief guided meditations and mindfulness talks along with group discussions.
Group size limited to 10. Having your own copy of Iyer’s book is encouraged but not required. July 19th & 26th, 5-6pm at WeWork Custom House. $24 ($16 for WeWork members), single $15 drop-in’s as space allows. For more details and to register contact me here.
Mid-Day Mindfulness / On-Going / Portland, OR
Join me at WeWork in Portland for drop-in meditation, no charge. Each 30-minute session will include a guided meditation practice and instruction on basic mindfulness principles that can be applied both at home and on the job. Neither prior meditation experience. Tuesdays, 12:00 – 12:30pm. These offerings are free, please email me to be added to the guest list for any date.
- Does summertime in the Pacific Northwest sometimes feel overly hectic?
- Did you know that deep relaxation can be more restorative than sleep?
Meditation 101 / June, July, August 2017 / Portland, OR
- Curious about why meditation and mindfulness are getting so much attention these days?
- Are you interested in meditation but don’t know where to start? Or re-start?
Whether brand new to meditation or wanting to shake the dust off a former practice, Meditation 101 is a great place to begin. Through discussion, instruction and practice we’ll cover the benefits and basics of mindfulness meditation while debunking common myths. We’ll also review accessible strategies and resources for growing a regular personal meditation practice. $50 for the series, $20 drop in if space allows.
This class meets 4th Tuesdays from 5:45 – 7:15pm at Unfold in SE Portland. Individual Class Price: $20 drop-in, $50 for all three. 6/27 Mindfulness of Breath, 7/25 Mindfulness of Body, 8/22 Everyday Mindfulness. Register Here.
Waking Up: Mini Morning Mindfulness Intensives
- Interested in kick starting a morning meditation practice?
- Want to infuse more intention into your days?
Benefits of a regular meditation practice are numerous. Meditation is shown to reduce stress, depression and anxiety while fostering emotional resiliency and our ability to connect with others. As such, a morning meditation practice can help set an intention each day of greater purpose and well-being. Through discussion, instruction and practice we’ll explore concepts of mindfulness meditation while cultivating our own morning ritual. Open to all levels, these series are a great way to establish or revitalize a morning meditation practice.
Beginning Mindfulness Meditation Series / Next Series Fall 2017 / Portland, OR
Discover how mindfulness supports the development of insight and a wise, caring response to life. This six-week introductory series will explore the foundational practices and principles of mindfulness meditation. In looking at historical and cultural contexts, neuroscience and a variety of meditation practices, you’ll gain an understanding of what mindfulness is and practical strategies for applying it within daily activities.
More specifically, you will learn:
- Meditation practices that support awareness of breath, body, feelings and thoughts.
- Techniques for releasing unhelpful thought patterns, reducing reactivity and becoming more responsive.
- Skillful ways to work with a range of emotions and support resiliency.
- Formal and informal methods for integrating mindfulness into daily life and relationships.
- Simple practices to cultivate a compassionate attitude towards oneself and others.
(Please note: This series is also available as a private series for individuals, small groups and workplaces.)
Private Classes, Workshops & Series
I’m also available to partner with you to create customized trainings. Contact me for more information.
- Beginning Mindfulness Meditation
- Finding Calm in an Increasingly Hectic World
- “Stealthy” Mindfulness for Practicing in the Midst of Others
- Mitigating Compassion Fatigue
- Self-Compassion: A Primer for Health Care Professionals
- Foundations in Mindful Leadership
- Cultivating Well-Being with Yoga Nidra